Buckinghamshire New University, styled Bucks New University(Work with Chestnut Education)
BNU is a public university with campuses in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire; Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire; Uxbridge, Middlesex; and Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire. The Vice-Chancellor of the University is Professor Nick Braisby. The institution dates from 1891 when it was founded as the School of Science and Art, and has since that date been re-invented variously as the Wycombe Technical Institute, the High Wycombe College of Technology and Art, and the Buckinghamshire College of Higher Education. It was a university college from 1999 until 2007 when it announced that its application for university status had been accepted.
According to its students, Bucks has improved across every single one of the 27 areas they were asked about. Key highlights are:
- We are a top 10 UK University* for listening to the student voice and rank 10th for being clear on how we act on student feedback;
- Bucks Students’ Union is now the best in the UK;
- 11th best for the quality of its learning community and 12th best for students feeling part of a community of staff and students;
- 12th best for assessment and feedback; 13th best for staff’s helpful comments on student work; and 16th best for the academic support it provides; and
- 15th best for providing students with opportunities to apply what they’ve learned; and 9th best for providing good advice when they’re making study choices.